The countdown begins, I have exactly 68 days until I leave. I have mixed feelings; happy, sad, excited, worried, exhausted, overwhelmed, nervous, and scared to be specific! I also recently learned that Costa Rica has a problem with bugs, esp. cockroaches. I wish I would have found this out BEFORE I chose Costa Rica. I hear stories from who a girl who is currently down there studying abroad about how she comes home to her host family bedroom and find cockroaches just laying on her bed. Disgusting. I hate hate hate bugs, and it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but I also have a slight fear of killing bugs/insects. I hate the feeling and sound of squeezing something in a kleenex or napkin. I am thinking it might be the longest 6 months of my life once I arrive in Costa Rica. But other than that, I am thinking it will be somewhat refreshing to leave the country.
I also can't wait to find out who my host family will be. I hope they don't mind I am a picky eater :) I do know that I wont be using my cell phone at all while in Costa Rica. It's very expensive. So I will be using Skype to communicate with all you lovely people :)
I am new to this whole blog thing and don't really know what else to say, so that's all for now! Have a good day! :)
Hasta luego,
Danielle :)
June 13, 2010 - You should have arrived in Costa Rica by now. I can't wait to hear from you as you begin this journey! We will be counting down the days until we get to see you again! Have fun and be safe! love you always, hasta luego!! Love, Mom
ReplyDelete