Tuesday, June 15, 2010

day 3 = done

I survived day 3 of Costa Rica! I woke up at 6 in the morning and got ready. I walked downstairs and my mom had toast waiting for me at the kitchen table! She walked with me to school for the last time today. I strongly dislike using the bus and the thought of me having to take it for the next 171 days makes me angry! I will get over it. We went on a tour of the city of Heredia. I don’t really know how to explain the tour or what I thought of the city. I saw multiple churches, fountains, parks, birds, the post office, some palm trees, and lots of shoe stores. There are tons and tons of shoe stores here. I learned that every main door to a church is located on the East side of the building-random fact of the day. I saw Burger King, McDonalds, Taco Bell (which was two stories…weird), and some ice cream store. After seeing these, I felt somewhat comforted. After the tour, we had a break. I bought an orange fanta and it DOES NOT taste the same as an orange fanta would taste back en los Estados Unidos.



We then split up into our classes. Today, we talked more about Costa Rica and the city of Heredia. Also, we introduced ourselves and talked about what we saw earlier in the day. We were dismissed. I went to the mall after class with about 20 other ISEP students. As I was typing this, I found four, what I think are ants but I am not completely sure, IN MY BED. The thought of my sleeping with ants just freaks me out, not to sound like a prissy girl. Lord, please help me survive these next months. Please please please please. I don’t know where they are coming from!!! Anyways, we all walked to the mall, which was about a 20 min walk. Once we got there, we all went to go get lunch in the food court. They had McDonalds, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, and Burger King. But don’t be fooled. Me and two girls from my class went to pizza hut. I asked for cheese pizza, and they don’t have it. So, I asked for pepperoni because you can take those off the pizza easily-and they don’t have it. So, I said nevermind then went onto the next place which was Taco Bell. I ordered a cheese quesadilla with only cheese and nachos and a water. They handed me a cup full of water, but it was warm! Who drinks warm water?? The two girls and I got our food and we were trying to find a place to sit. We walked passed this table and as soon as we walked passed, three guys got up and it scared me and Kelsi. We thought they were following us. Anyways, we sat down. Did you know they put sour cream or mayo or something in a cheese quesadilla? DISGUSTING. And then, I asked for nachos like I do when I am back at home. But here, it is like gourmet nachos with beef, sour cream, tomatoes, and guacamole. Second lunch attempt-FAIL. So, I decided to go to the McDonalds and figured you couldn’t go wrong with French fries. Healthy lunch, huh?!

We walked around the mall for a little bit then took the bus back to the university. We used the internet there for 20 min then Kelsi and I took the bus back to our neighborhood by ourselves! Woohoo. We didn’t get lost, thank goodness. (just found another ant...siickk) But now I am going to shower then hopefully pass out and try to forget that I am sleeping with ants tonight. I wonder how many bugs I eat at night while sleeping. Oh, and I made the mistake of taking my computer with me to class today. I carried it around all day long, and now my back hurts. Hopefully I will add pictures soon. I am awful at remembering!!!

Daniella

No comments:

Post a Comment