Thursday, September 16, 2010







Hola :)






Monday-I had class until 230. After class, I went to the gym, came home, did homework and chatted with the family. Also, I got a package from my friend Angela Wasko! :) She sent me candy, bobby pins, chaptstick, and lotion. Thank you so muchhh! :)






Tuesday-I had class till one, went to the gym after, showered, then went to central heredia because they were having Independence day festivities. I went with my friend kelly. Before we went to see the festivities, we went to a local bar and had a drink. The independence day festivities included people singing, dancing to folklore music, etc. At 6pm, everyone in Costa Rica at the same time sings a song wherever they are at that moment. It was so cool to be able to witness all the festivities! Also, little kids bring "faroles" which are kinda like laterns made out of paper or plastic and they light a candle in the middle of it. There were a ton of those. I will put up pictures tonight or tomorrow, check them out! It was so cool to witness all of this. Def. a wonderful culture experience. After all the singing and dancing, 3 friends and I went to the local pizza place, (where they know me by name and what i order every single time, how embarrassing) and after, we went to the bar. My friend came and picked me up and we drove around for a while.






Wednesday- NOSCHOOL! I woke up early, around 7 to go the parade. It was SO HOTT. My legs got burnt through my jeans, thats how hot it was! The parade was just like any other parade in the USA. There were dancers, cheerleaders, bands, gov't people, etc. After, I went to POPS to get some ice cream, fail. But it was too hot to pass up ice cream! After the parade, i went home and took a nap, did some homework, showered, and got ready. It was a girls 21st brithday in my exchange program so we all surprised her at her ticohouse with cake! She was so suprised. Her parents made us all food, mom-i tried Lasgana with spinage? (idk how to spell it haha) and her papatico made us all drinks, so so good. After, we went to the bar to help her celebrate. I love going out in Costa Rica. Everyone is always so happy and having a good time. Its awesome.






Thursday-I woke up, with a bad headache, wrote a 5 page paper, had class from 1-7, now i am here writing this and hopefully going to bed soon. I am exhausted-it has been a long week.






somethings on my mind:






1. no fireworks in Costa Rica, how depressing.



2. my sorority sisters finally have their facebooks back, and my sorority got 36 new girls. I can't wait to meet all of them!



3. my classes are getting hard and i feel like i dont do anything here until the last minute. wonderful.



4. i am scared to go back to the united states. Iam nervous because i feel like i may be bored and everything is going to be so easy again. That scares me.



5. its my bed time :)


6. i am trying to mess around with pictures. but the first picture is of the place where people sang and danced on Tuesday night in central heredia!






buenas noches y dulces suenos :)

No comments:

Post a Comment