Thursday, September 9, 2010

IAM BACKKKKKK

ahhh, I finally have a computer again! :) My lovely mother sent me one to Costa Rica. She must have really really missed talking to me on a daily basis to send me the house laptop to Costa Rica! :)

I don't even know where to begin! It has been atleast a month since I have blogged. I guess I will start off with my classes. Everyone always asks how my classes are going, and they are all going good so far. They are extremly difficult but I had expected it. I dont understand the teachers most of the time, word for word but I get the gist of what they say. I have made friends in all of my classes so i always have someone i can go to if i have questions. Compared to the united states, classes are very easy here. For me, its not easy because of the spanish, but if i spoke Spanish fluently, they would be a piece of cake. Everything we normally do is in a group.
So thats always nice!

My Costa family is wonderful and nothing really is new. Iam going to miss the food that my mom makes me everyday once I go back to the USA.

My flip flop broke on Monday after i was leaving the library at like 6 at night. It was dark and i tripped. Good thing i wasnt by myself because that would have been very embarassing. I walked home with one shoe on. Everyone stared at me, go figures. Especially when I get on the bus. and me being the germ freak i am, i washed my foot as soon as i got home.

I have an ISEP field trip this saturday until sunday. We are going to some volcano.

Since the last time I blogged, I went to Puntarenas. Its a beach town, I went with my friend Kelly. The hostel had a pool so the first night we just hung out at the pool then saturday we went to the beach and got FRIED after being out in the sun for only two hours. AND we used spf 100....what the heck!

I miss all my sorority sisters because it is recruitment time so they all had to deactivate their facebooks for two weeks.

I just got done skyping Ed and Krista. Boy, have I missed them. I also skyped with Amanda earlier, but she doesn't have a camera so I only got to hear her voice...fail amanda.

I have made a lot of "tico" friends. Two in particular that I hang with all the time. I am going to miss them so much.

I am starting to fall in love with Costa Rica and I can honestly say that I won't be ready to leave when the time comes. I have learned more Spanish than I ever have with being here for 3 months. I love the constant Spanish and the food. Speaking of food, while I have been in Costa Rica, I feel the need to eat chocolate EVERY SINGLE DAY! What is wrong with me? That being said, I joined a gym two days ago. It felt so so so good to go workout in a gym and be able to run without having the fear of getting killed. so good, let me tell you.

I feel like I am going to feel so spoiled once I go back to NW and my classes are in English. I had a test today in my dance class. There was a written part and we had to dance two different dances. I think i passed, lets hope! I have to wear this rediculous skirt.

What else is new? uhm, Sunday I went to San Jose to see "son como ninos"- I dont know what its called in english...but its a movie with adam sandler. It was very very funny and I went with two tico friends. One of my friends, he had an interview in English the following day so we went to the mall and talked in english the whole time so he could practice before his interview. Needless to say, he passed the interview :)

Last Saturday, I went out with my friend Kelly and her hermanatica. It was her birthday-we went to hooligans then to a different bar where we could dance. It was a lot of fun to go out with older people. She was turning 28, i want to say?

sorry everything is so scattered. I just have so much to say because I have been gone for so long. People still stare at me like I am some freak or alien. not cool. Yes, i have light hair, and light skin, and light eyes....but does that really give you to feel the need to stare at me for minutes? NO

uhm, okay. That is all for now. I will try to get in the habit of updating this on a daily basis again.

Also, today is kids day in Costa Rica. There was a bunch of stuff going on, it was kind of cool to see because we dont really have a national kids day in the USA.

Buenas Noches y Dulces Suenos! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for updating! It is very much appreciated and I am soo glad we skyped for over an hour last night haha! Too much fun! I know you are absolutely loving it there but I am absolutely missing you! I cannot wait until you come back! Stay safe and continue having a blast! Love you best friend!

    ReplyDelete