The past week and a half...
where do i begin? This week has been hectic. Today, I had to give my first presentation in a "tico" class. I would say it went...good. The teacher came up to me after and told me good job, so that made me feel somewhat better. For some reason, its really difficult for me to pronounce certain words...i blame it on studying french for 4 years...
This past weekend...I didn't do much. Friday, there was a group of us gringo's who went to san jose to see the university of Costa Rica. It was like any other campus in the USA...it reminded me of NWMSU and how I wish I could have studied in San Jose rather than Heredia because of the campus. It was so much open, prettier, and bigger. On Saturday night, a few gringo's and I went to a bar near our unviversity.
I was annoyed all day today because things are really starting to make me mad! Like, for example, how it has rained here for 7 days in a row now...nonstop. AND the fact that I have to carry everything I need with me for the whole day to school for 13 hours. 13 hours is too long to be at school, constantly thinking. I am tired of my clothes/hair/shoes/backpack/school materials/money/face being wet from the rain. Its getting super annoying. Rain, please stop. As some of you may know, I am pretty sure a lot of the rain is coming from hurricane Mathew...I can't wait for it to leave central america...
but on the other hand...I hate to sit here and complain. Because I am going to look back on these past 6 months and think, "those were the best 6 months of my life." I am trying to take advantage of everything while I can and not be such a debby downer....cause I know as soon as I get back to the USA, I am going to wish I was back in Costa Rica. Only because everyday I learn so much spanish and I know in the USA, I won't be able to. BUT....cheers to the next two months and being positive :)
Also, I got back a paper from one of my classes, 100%. I never thought I would see that day...
what else is new? oh, this week, I got TWO packages from two of my best friends.
Krista sent me a package with a magazine(in english!), a letter, pictures, candy, and halloween oreos. Amy sent me a tshirt from her soccer team, a rubber ducky, and a necklace. Little things like this make my days so much better. I know I say this all the time, but I am so lucky to have the friends that I do. I am one lucky girl :) but thank you both for my packages! :) It makes me not miss home so much!
I am not really sure what else to say right now. Hopefully I will get better at updating this. Only two more months to go...crazy. these 6 months are flying by!
Some things I am going to do the first weekend I get back to the USA:
*eat jimmy johns/hectors/dairy queen/homecooked meal/tacobell nachos
*take a shower without shoes :)
*re-learn how to drive a car
*visit my nephews/niece, and sorority sisters
okay, buenas noches y dulces suenos! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment