Saturday, September 18, 2010

tranquilo

Hola!

Today (Friday) was my first relaxing/chill day in a very long time. I didn’t do much besides the gym, homework, and talked with friends/family. Funny story of the day=so, I went to the gym with my friend Kelly. She lifts all the time when she goes to the gym, and she asked me why I don’t. My response-I don’t really know how to. I haven’t really lifted since basketball season in hishschool, sooo long ago and I can say I didn’t take lifting during basketball season very seriously. So, we went to the gym today together and we attempted to lift. I guess I should say, I attempted to lift. So so so funny. I was doing some kind of arm exercise and obviously I wasn’t doing it correctly after two trainers came up to me and attempted to help me, in Spanish. I had no idea what they were saying, I guess I should brush up on my “gym” Spanish vocabulary. So funny. After they attempted to help me, I hit my head on the machine. So so embarrassing and like I always say, it’s not like everyone already stares at me. This time at the gym, I gave them a reason to stare hahahaha but, pura vida. My arms are extremely sore. I am gonna come back from Costa Rica ripped, watch out J haha just kidding.

I am starting to listen to Spanish music and I am loving it! Its so cool being able to listen to a song and understand what they are saying. Costa Rica is paying off! I only have about 73 days in this country. Holy crap, where did the time go? I cant believe it and thinking about my return to the united states literally scares me. Everything is going to be so easy when I get back and I don’t think I am going to like that. I love living in Costa Rica because I encounter challenges everyday. With either the language, food, technology, busses, people, etc. It makes life so interesting knowing everyday you wake up, you wont know how to get somewhere or you wont know what a person is saying to you or you don’t know how to respond to someone. Call me weird, but I love the daily challenges here. When I go back to the US, my classes are going to be in English, boringggg. Everyone is going to speak English and I will be able to understand them, boringggg.

Random fact of the day-I took a 3 hour nap today. It was much needed…it was a long week full of celebrations, studying, and writing papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment