Monday, October 11, 2010

EARTHQUAKE

Friday- I got up early and went to the gym. Then, I met with my "group" to work on our project that is due this wendesday. We had to go to San Jose to the University of Costa Rica to meet with a profesor who was going to help us. We met from 2-7. My brain was about to explode when it became close to 7. I basically sat there and attempted to understand what they were talking about. When it came close to 7, I left and met Kelly and Ashli at the San Pedro Mall. I was starving because i didnt have time to eat lunch before we got on the bus to San Jose. So, I ate dinner at the mall. Then, we went to the Danza theatre in San Jose to watch a dance performance. As we were waiting in line to enter, I called my mom and talked to her for a little bit. I love hearing the excitement in her voice when she realizes its me on the phone :) As we were sitting down in the theatre, waiting for the performance to start, a 5.4 earthquake hit COSTA RICA. OMG, I dont even know how to explain it to you guys. At first, I saw all the seats moving and thought it was a cool "attraction" of the theatre with moving seats. Then, I saw the stage moving and the cieling was shaking and the lights. At this point in time, I saw 2 old ladies get up and start running for outside. It was so funny and such a cool experience to say I have felt an earthquake before.
The dance show was AWESOME but a bit graphic. I would classify the dance recital as lyrical but there was some ballet, jazz and hip hop in it as well. It was cool to see a costa rican dance recital. It was fun comparing it to the dance recitals that I used to be in!

Saturday-ISEP had a field trip to Santa Maria de Dita. We visited two coffee plantations. The drive was about two hours. I didn't really enjoy the fieldtrip because I don't like coffee and a majority of the field trip we were tasting different types of coffee drinks. The last coffee plantation we went to, we saw an indigenas "house" and people. I say "house" because it wasnt really a house. It was more like a fort. They cooked with a wood stove. They wore folklore dresses and had little kids. They had to go to a well to get water. It was such an experience and made me feel so thankful for all that I have and the expierences I have had. I am one lucky girl and I feel like I take a lot of things for granted. For example, shoes or being able to "shower". It was so cool. I will post pictures of facebook when I get time and you will see this "house" and thier "stove".

Sunday-I worked on homework all dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. My family left for an activity so I was home alone all day. You would think that would mean me getting a lot accomplished..but nope. I watched the last song-I love that movie. It makes me cry everytime! I got to talk to most of my friends on Sunday as well. That always makes me happy!

Today (monday)- I have class till 230, then I plan on going to the gym to relieve some stresss. I have 3 projects, 2 presentations, and a ten page paper all due wednesday and thursday. Help? Why did I sign up for 18 hours in Costa Rica? What was I thinking?

I also got two letters from my Aunt Sarah today. I always love hearing from her. Her handwritting is so dificult to read sometimes! It took me about ten minutes to read one page..hahah. I need to work on reading cursive handwriting obviously!

Overall, it was a great weekend. I hope all of yours' was wonderful too :)

Also, I am starting to get addicted to coffee brits chococlate covered coffee beans. They are AMAZING. I will try to bring back some for everyone to taste...if I dont eat them all before I get back to the USA :)

Love you all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment