Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Estoy muy feliz!

So, we had yet another day of orientation. We sat in a classroom for three hours doing the whole VISA process. The VISA allows me to stay in Costa Rica for more than 90 days. We had to get our fingerprints printed, cool, huh? After the 3 hours, we went on a tour of Heredia-it was the same one we went on during the summer program. After, we got on a bus to San Jose and had a little tour of downtown San Jose. I have word for downtown San Jose, it is=ciaos. After, we went to pizza hut for lunch AND they had cheese pizza! After, we went to a church nearby. It was so cool to see how many people actually just drop in the church and pray during the day. It was very busy and people were walking in and out constantly. After, we went to the teatre Nacional for a tour. Its basically just a famous theatre. Many famous people have been there. Did you know that San Jose, Costa Rica was the first place to ever have electricity? Interesting fact of the day. After, we got on the bus to go back to Heredia. I came home, ate dinner, and skyped with my dad! I heard his voice for the first time in two months. He is such a crazy guy, and I hope I can have his happy, crazy personality when I am that old.

For some reason, I am super excited and happy today.

**I think it's because I got an email from Logan Larkin today (my friend on the two year mission trip) It somewhat comforts me knowing he is gone for two years without facebook or skype and that gives me the strength to know that I will be just fine.
**I am learning so much, more than I ever have.
**I can’t wait to start dance classes
**I am trying new foods and actually liking some healthy choices
**I got to talk to my dad for a about five minutes on skype
**I have the best friends/family. My friends are always, 100% of the time, there for me. I love coming home to messages from them updating me on their life. At times, it’s difficult because there are certain situations that I wish I could just be there to help them through or just to be able to talk to them in person or over the phone. I love you guys.
**I have the most supportive mother on this earth. She does anything she can to help me out, even when she has no time for herself and I appreciate it so much.
**Only four months and one week till I am home… which I am bittersweet about. I have so much that I want to do/learn while I am here, I am afraid I am going to run out of time. BUT, I can’t wait to be back with my family, friends, hectors food, dairy queen’s ice cream, Maryville, and the crazy busyness lifestyle.

This weekend, ISEP is making us go on a trip for the weekend to San Jose. So, I will be back Sunday night! Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment