Monday, July 19, 2010

Lunes=Monday

First day of orientation! I was up at 7am. I had breakfast and played with Maria Paula for a while until I had to leave for school. It was my first time taking the bus/walking to school without Kelsie. I met the 14 new students that are here for the semester long program. None of them are as cool as the summer ISEP students though. We had orientation till 4-I am currently deciding if I should do this community service project during my time in Costa Rica. Its around $200 but I am thinking it might be worth it? You go on a weekend trip, one every month and do different volunteer work. Any thoughts??

After orientation, we went to a dance studio close to the university and took a two hour class. We started off with normal stretching, then learned the different types of “tico” dancing. After the class, I signed up to attend class every Monday for 1-2 hours of dancing. Aaahhhh, I am so so so excited. It has been a couple years since I have been in a dance studio and it feels so good “to be back”. I am on like a dance class high right now. After dancing for two hours, I walked home by myself for the first time. I am still alive and returned home in one piece!! I had dinner, then sat around and talked to my host family for about an hour. Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment