Monday, July 19, 2010

Mi fin de semana

Friday: I didn’t really do anything. I woke up, ate breakfast, then my host mom and I went into Heredia. I mailed my post cards, finally. We walked around looking for a little jacket for Maria Paula-we had no luck. We also went to the auto mercado and bought some groceries. We came home, and then I just sat around all day/night.

Saturday: I didn’t really do much today either. I ate breakfast and then sat on the computer for awhile. Then, the power went out in our neighborhood. My mom was in the middle of making pizza for lunch. Because the power went out, the oven stopped working so she ended up calling “Deli Express” for lunch. It was the best chicken I have ever had! We sat at the table for at least an hour just talking. Then, my host’s mom ex husband came over and showed a family our house (the house I live in is for sale, in case you didn’t know). Then, my host mom asked me to watch Maria Paula so that she could go to the store. So, I did!!! Then, she made us dinner. After dinner, my host sister and I went to the little store behind our house. I got cookies and an orange fanta. We then watched Remember Me. I loved it. Then, I went to bed. But, before I went to bed, I was informed that my best friend was a in a serious car accident. The other car, the girl was drunk driving and ran a red light. The girl died, and I am so thankful that my best friend walked away with no serious injuries.

After hearing about this accident and being countries away, I initially started freaking out. I asked my friend Lindsey for some advice, and she gave me the following verse.

Isaiah 41:10 it says "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Basically means that God has a plan for each one of us, and you have to trust in Him with everything you have that His plan is better than what you have planned out for yourself.

Sunday- well, the internet isn’t working today. For breakfast, I had pancakes and bacon. The bacon here is 10 times better than the bacon back in los Estados Unidos. I tried mango and papaya. I did not like the papaya but the mango I could handle eating. After eating, I went to the mall with my mamatica to look for jeans for her. After, we came home and she gave me some cookies! I then sat around all night and attempted to study for my test that I have Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment