Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tuesday- I had class till noon. It was presentation day…yippee. It went okay, let’s hope we did somewhat better than the first one. Then, Kelsie, Kaleigh, Caitlyn and I went to San Jose. We left Heredia around 2 and didn’t get back till about 7. It’s always so complicated finding the right bus to San Jose. As soon as we got to San Jose, Kelsie wanted to take pictures but if you were to see San Jose, It is not smart to take anything of value out of your purse/bag because it will get stolen. San Jose is pretty big, but has a lot of people in it. We walked around for about 30 minutes trying to find the Mercado. We finally found it and spent about 3 hours in it. They all needed to get souvenirs for their family/friends since they are leaving next week. Gahhhh. I feel like I am going to be so so lost in Costa Rica once Kelsie and Kaleigh leave. I am praying to God that there is at least one person like them in the semester ISEP program. I talked to my dad for the first time on Skype on Monday. He was crying before we even started talking. He misses me a lot, I must be his favorite! I got shirts for one of my nephews and niece. They are too cute and I can’t wait to see them again. I miss them like CRAZY.

Wednesday-We had to be at the school at 730am. It was fieldtrip day! We took a three hour bus ride to a national park. It was kind of boring….and of course, it started raining. IT RAINS HERE EVERYDAY. No lie. After the tour around the park, we went to some junkie restaurant and ate lunch. I ate only rice and some potatoes. I wasn’t really a fan of anything else that was on my plate. After lunch, we got back on the bus and was on our way back to Heredia. I had dinner at my house, then came over to Kelsie’s to work on homework. We went to the little store behind my house and got some cookies and tried these candy bars called yuki’s. They were okay-they tasted like a nutty bar.

Tomorrow I have class till noon then we are leaving for Puerto Viejo (aka, a beach!). All the hostels are booked for Thursday, but we do have a reservation for Friday and Saturday. We are winging it. Let’s hope we find a room to sleep in Thursday night! I will let you know how it goes once I get back to Heredia! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

Hasta luego.

No comments:

Post a Comment