Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tropecé (I tripped)

2nd day of classes….i am still alive. I had my Spanish grammar class from 8-930. After, I went to the postal office at UNA to figure out if they had my package that my mom sent me a month and two weeks ago…I have no idea where it is at and it’s super frustrating. I think it would be easier if I was bilingual in Español and was able to ask more in depth questions, buuuuut – I am not. So, I went to the ISEP director’s office and explained the whole situation and she is going to try to help me, thank goodness. After that, I went home because I didn’t have class again till 1. My mamatica went to central Heredia with Maria Paula so she wasn’t home until about 1140. Well, I leave 45 minutes early for everything because that’s how long the whole walking/bus/more walking process takes to get to school. She made me a quick lunch, I inhaled it, and was out the door. Today, I had Las costricenses: su identidad cultura. My first “tico” class with gringo’s in it as well. This class wasn’t as embarrassing as my first class. The teacher knew right away we were gringo’s because apparently tico’s don’t go in the classroom until the teacher does. Everyone was waiting outside for the teacher, besides the 4 gringo’s in the classroom, including me. It was 3:01, and we were wondering why NO ONE was in class….but as soon as the teacher walked in, the whole class followed her. Weird. Soooo, the teacher saw that we were sitting in the classroom and immediately asked if we were gringos. Wonderful. Class was…okay. I wish I knew one thing she said though….It is so difficult to understand Spanish when they are going 100 miles a minute. Estoy muy nerviousa. I also learned today that there is no way my classes can come back to NW as pass/fail. So, I NEED to get at least a 3.0 in order to keep all my scholarships for the next two years. No pressure or anything. On top of the five Spanish courses that I am taking, I have an online Spanish course I need to finish. Aahhh-so much to do.

I signed up for a $400 tutoring program. It is one on one, so I am hoping that will help improve my Spanish speaking capabilities. I have so much I still need to learn in order to be fluent. I might as well give it all I got while I am here. After class, I went to KFC with two other gringos’ in a different program and we got chips ahoy avalanche's. It was so good. I would like to add that I definitely tripped while crossing the street, almost landing on all fours. I am so special.

After KFC, I went to the school’s library for two hours and worked on my online class. I just got home and am planning on eating dinner then working on more homework. How exciting!

About my throat-my glands seem to be somewhat swollen. This better not turn into anything serious. I don’t have time to deal with sickness!!!

Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment